Steamed Daikon with Miso Sauce
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 500g (about 1/2) Shogoin Daikon radish
- Kombu (kelp), small amount
- Yuzu miso
240g white miso, 30g sesame seeds, 1 egg yolk, 6-8 Tbsp. Sake, 1 Tbsp. sugar, Yuzu citrus peels to taste
- (1) Peel the Shogoin Daikon radish, then chamfer and boil in vinegar water with a cover until soft.
- (2) Put Kombu kelp into a pot and gently place the Daikon (1) inside, and gradually add water, salt and 1 tsp. of light soy sauce to add light flavor without adding too much color. (You can add a little sugar to adjust the flavor to your liking.)
- (3) For the Yuzu miso, combine white miso, sesame seeds, egg yolk, Sake, and sugar well, then heat in a hot water bath.
- (4) Arrange the finished Daikon into a serving bowl. Add a little of the broth, add grated Yuzu citrus peels to add a hint of aroma to the miso paste and pour over the Daikon.