Cooked Black Soybeans
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 200g black soybeans
160g light brown sugar (Sanontou)
1 Tbsp. soy sauce (dark)
1/2 tsp. salt
Less than 1 tsp. baking soda
800ml 80℃ hot water
1 rusty iron material (nail, etc.)
- (1) Wash black soybeans, and drain.
- (2) Wash the rusty nail (or other iron material) well and wrap in gauze.
- (3) Combine ingredients from (A) into a pressure cooker pot and dissolve well.
- (4) Add black soybeans into (3), and lightly cover, then let sit overnight. (check the degree of the black soybean’s swelling. If it’s not enough then continue letting them soak longer.)
- (5) Tightly cover the pressure cooker pot and place over heat. It will begin to boil in 5 mins, so turn the heat to low immediately. Check the liquid consistency by stirring, and adjusting heat and let simmer for 15 mins. Turn off heat then set aside to cool down, then take out the nail.
- (6) Serve the black soybeans into a dish along with the syrup. (Cooked black soybeans will weigh around 450g.)