Kyoto-Style Zoni Soup
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 large Ebi-Imo (shrimp-shaped taro)
- Shogoin Daikon (Japanese radish), as needed
- Kintoki carrots, as needed
- 120g light-brown miso
- 4 round mochi pieces
- Hana-Katsuo dried bonito shavings, as needed
- 3cup Dashi stock
- (1) Peel the Ebi-Imo taros and boil.
- (2) Cut Shogoin Daikon, and Kintoki carrot into thin slices, then boil them.
- (3) Let the Dashi stock come to a boil, then add Ebi-Imo taros, Kintoki carrots, Shogoin Daikon, and round mochi. Once the Ebi-Imo taros and mochi pieces have become sufficiently soft, dissolve the light-brown miso. Let is come to a simmer then turn off heat.
- (4) Serve in a bowl and sprinkle dried bonito shavings on top.