Tango Tilefish Steamed with Turnip
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
The savory aroma and flavorful Tango Tilefish (red tilefish) is enhanced by the turnip, making this a dish full of Kyoto flavor.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1/4 Shogoin Turnip
- 1 (400g) Tango Tilefish
- 1/2 egg whites
- 1/3 lily bulb, small
- 4 raw ginkgos
- 5g wood ear mushroom (in water)
- 10g Wasabi paste
400ml Dashi stock
20ml light soy sauce
- 30ml starch water (starch 1 : water 2)
- (1) Cut the Tango Tilefish into 3 pieces, remove center bone, and put salt on both sides. After rolling it in salt, cut in quarters, and place in hot water to boil for a brief moment, then place under cold water, and clean thoroughly removing scales and dirt.
- (2) Clean and boil the lily bulb, and cut the wood ear mushrooms into long thin strips.
- (3) Peel the turnip thickly and grate it. Place in a sieve, salt lightly, mix, and then remove excess water. Put it into a bowl, mix in the egg white and add the lily bulb and sliced wood ear mushrooms (2).
- (4) Put the Tilefish (1) in a heat-resistant dish, top with the turnip from (3), cover with a lid and steam for about 12 minutes on high heat.
- (5) Put all ingredients from (A) in a pot and let heat. When it starts to boil, add the starch water and let it dissolve and thicken. Then pour over the Tilefish and garnish with wasabi.