Murasaki-Zukin Soybean Rice (Kyoto Natsu-Zukin soybeans can also be used)
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
The beans add a gentle color to the rice giving it an exquisite aroma
Ingredients (2~3 servings)
- 300g Murasaki-Zukin Soybeans (or Kyoto Natsu-Zukin soybeans)
- 360ml rice (2-Go)
- 5g kelp
- 440ml water
- 3ml salt
- (1) Wash and drain rice, then set aside for about 30 minutes.
- (2) Heat the Murasaki-Zukin soybeans briefly until the surface is cooked, then remove the beans from the pods and let sit in water.
- (3) Put rice inside rice cooker, then add water, kelp, salt, and the Murasaki-Zukin soybeans from (2) and cook altogether in the rice cooker.
- (4) After the rice has cooked, remove the kelp, and use a rice paddle to fold the rice gently. Place the finished rice into a dish to serve.