Kyo-Yamashina eggplant cooked with herring
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Traditional dish that is delicate and flavorful
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- Kyo-yamashina eggplant … 4 pieces
- Herrings … 2
Dashi soup … 200ml
Sake … 50ml
Sugar … 30ml
Soy sauce … 30ml
- Frying oil … appropriate amount
How to make:
- Wash the herring with water and soak in rice water overnight. Wash again, cut it in half and boil in a pot with A for 7 to 8 minutes on low heat.
- Cut eggplant stem off and cut it in half. Put a small cut vertically in the skin of eggplant and put it in the water. Take it out of the water and wipe off the water.
- Heat the oil in a pot to 170 degrees, place 2’s eggplants skin down on the oil and fry. Once done, take it out and soak in hot water.
- Place B in the pot and arrange the eggplant skin down and close the lid. Simmer for about 1 minute at high heat.
- Serve in a bowl with the eggplant and herring.