Deep-Fried Daikon in Broth
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 300g Shogoin Daikon radish
- Potato starch, as needed
- 8 Shishi Togarashi (small sweet green chilli)
- 1 chive
- 100g Momiji Oroshi (grated daikon and chili)
- Thin trips of Nori (Kizami-Nori), as needed
- Ponzu soy sauce (soy sauce with Yuzu citrus juice), as needed
- Frying oil, as needed
- (1) Cut the Shogoin Daikon radish into wedges of 3cm in length. Cook for about 10 mins in seasoning.
- (2) Cover (1) in potato starch, and deep-fry the Daikon radishes in 180˚C cooking oil until crisp.
- (3) Similarly, deep-fry the Shishito Togarashi chillis.
- (4) Chop chives into small pieces.
- (5) In a serving bowl, place (2) and (3), garnish with Momiji Oroshi, sprinkle chives, and strips of Nori on top, then dress with flavored ponzu sauce.