Ohagi – Rice Ball Coated with Sweetened Red Beans
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 1 cup rice
- (A) (4 cups water, less than 1 tsp. salt)
- For coloring (1-2 drops of red food coloring, 1 Tbsp. water)
- Coarse sweet red bean paste (600g red bean, 600g sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt)
- (1) Wash the glutinous rice and regular rice, and let soak for 1-2 hours in (A) before cooking.
- (2) Create 36 round balls of the course sweet red bean paste, each around 20g.
- (3) Dissolve 1-2 drops of red food coloring with 1 Tbs. of water.
- (4) Divide the cooked rice into 2, leaving the first half plain (white), and with the other half add (3), the red food coloring mixture and press, and mix together well.
- (5) Dip your hands in some salt water and roll (4) into18 equal round balls.
- (6) Wrap each of (5) in the flattend course sweet red bean paste and form into oval shapes.