Rice Porridge with Azuki Beans
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 cups rice
- 1/4 of cup Azuki red beans
- 4 rice cakes (Mochi)
- 5 cups water
- salt, to taste
- (1) Soak the red bean overnight, then boil in water until soft. Carefully boil so as not to form any cracks.
- (2) After washing the rice an hour beforehand, soak in water and set aside.
- (3) Cook rice porridge as you noramally would. Cook the rice until it is about 70% softer then normal cooked rice
- (4) Soften the rice cakes by immersing them into boiling water.
- (5) Finish by combining the cooked Azuki beans (1), and the softened rice cakes (4) into the rice porridge (3) and season with salt.