Grated Japanese Yam Soup
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
A delicious dish with a firm taste and soft texture
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1/3 (90g) Japanese yam
- 1/4 tsp. Aonori (green dried seaweed)
150ml Dashi stock
5ml light soy sauce
A sprinkle of salt
- (1) Peel the yams and rinse in water.
- (2) Put all ingredients under (A) in a pot, let it come to a boil and then let it cool.
- (3) Grate the yams, then put them in a mortar and pestle to further smoothen.
- (4) In the mortar from (3), pour in the prepared Dashi stock from (2) in 3-4 parts, then mix together to create a smooth yam soup.
- (5) Pour into a bowl and sprinkle Aonori on top.