Deep-Fried Japanese Yam
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
This comfort food has the rich taste of sticky yams, wrapped in savory seaweed
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1/4 (50g) Japanese yam
- 1 sheet, Nori (seaweed for Norimaki)
- 100ml flour
- 1/2 egg (beaten egg),
- 70ml cold water
- Frying oil, as needed
- (Ａ) Tempura Sauce
100ml Dashi stock
20ml light soy sauce
- (1) Peel yams, rinse under water, and grind in a mortar.
- (2) In a bowl, beat together the water, and egg until well mixed, then mix in flour lightly to make the tempura batter.
- (3) Divide the Nori sheet into 6 equal pieces, and wrap the yams from (1) inside. Coat with the tempura batter mixture and deep-fry in 160˚C cooking oil.
- (4) Combine all ingredients under (A) into a pot and let it come to a boil, then divide into two equal parts.
- (5) Lay a piece of tempura paper on a plate, then arrange the fried yams and serve with sauce for dipping.