Japanese Yam Somen Soup
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Japanese yam, desired amount of your choice
- Dashi stock 6 : light soy sauce 1 : Mirin 1 (ratio)
- Green onions, as needed
- 4 quail eggs
- Momiji oroshi (grated daikon and chilli), as needed
- Very finely cut Nori, as needed
- A sprinkle of grated Yuzu citrus peels
- (1) Peel yams, and put into vinegar and water solution for about 1 hour, then rinse with water.
- (2) After thinly slicing into long strips, cut yams into fine strips, then put them in water to get rid of sliminess.
- (3) Add light soy sauce and mirin into the Dashi stock made from dried bonito flakes, and kelp and let it come to a boil.
- (4) Place yams into a bowl, then pour in the Dashi stock.
- (5) Add the quail eggs, Momiji Oroshi, green onions, and finely cut nori pieces on top, and sprinkle on Yuzu citrus peels.