Horikawa Burdock Root Stuffed with Shrimp
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Approx. 20cm Burdock root
- Shrimp Surimi (shrimp paste):
10 shrimps, 1/2 egg, a little salt, a little light soy sauce, a little Sake, a little mirin
- Dashi stock
Dashi stock enough to soak all ingredients, a small amount of light soy sauce, Sake and salt, and potato starch
- (1) With a scrubber, scrub and rinse burdock root, and remove any remaining black spots with the back of a kitchen knife.
- (2) Cut into 6-7cm long round slices and cook with rice bran, until you can pierce it through with a bamboo skewer.
- (3) Rinse and remove center.
- (4) Peel away skin of shrimps and mince with a kitchen knife.
- (5) Combine seasoning ingredients with (4) and minced shrimp.
- (6) Put potato starch around the hole of the burdock root and fill with the (5) shrimp paste mixture.
- (7) Wrap (6) in a gauze and firmly tie the opening of the burdock root with a string.
- (8) Cook the Burdock root wrapped in gauze in the prepared Dashi stock mixture for about 20 minutes.
- (9) Finish by removing gauze, and cut into 2cm slices before serving.