Simmered Deep-Fried Ebi-Imo
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
The carefully flavored Ebi-Imo taros gives the dish its true presence.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 Ebi-Imo (shrimp-shaped taro)
- 2 sheets of finely cut grilled nori (Momi-Nori)
- 5g Hana-Katsuo dried bonito shavings
- 500ml Dashi stock
55ml light soy sauce
Salt, to taste
- Potato starch (for deep-frying), as needed
- Frying oil, as needed
- 30ml potato starch solution (potato starch 1: water 2 ratio)
- (1) Peel the Ebi-Imo taros, cut into the bite-size, rinse with water, then let boil in Dashi stock.
- (2) When (1) becomes soft, add (A) and let simmer for about 15 minutes over low heat, then let it cool off.
- (3) Coat (2) in potato starch and deep-fry in 160˚C cooking oil.
- (4) Heat the simmered stock from (2) and after checking the taste, add the potato starch solution to thicken the broth.
- (5) Place the fried Ebi-Imo into a serving bowl and pour the broth from (4). Garnish with finely cut nori, and dried bonito shavings