Kyoto Kokabu Quick Pickles
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Another Kyoto Kokabu dish also using the skin and leaves
Ingredients (2 servings)
- Skin of 2 Kyoto Kokabu
- Leaves of 1/4 Kyoto Kokabu
- 5cm kelp
- 5~10cm salt
- Shichimi spices (Japanese blend of seven spices), to taste
- Soy sauce, as needed
- (1) Julienne the skin of Kyoto Kokabu, and cut the leaves into small pieces.
- (2) Soak the kelp in water, then cut into long thin strips.
- (3) Place (1), (2), and salt into a plastic bag and mix well. Seal or tie the bag with as little air inside as possible. Then weigh it down with a stone or other pickling weights for about 3 hours.
- (4) Take (3) out of the bag, squeeze out water, and rinse lightly. Check the amount of salt seasoning.
- (5) Place (4) into a servng bowl, and top with Shichimi spices and a lttle bit of soy sauce.