Cooked Murasaki-Zukin Soybeans (Kyoto Natsu-Zukin soybeans can also be used)
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
Simply boiled with salt – A classic dish that brings out the natural taste of the soybean’s sweetness and richness.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 500g Murasaki-Zukin Soybeans (or Kyoto Natsu-Zukin soybeans)
- 15ml salt
- A sprinkle of salt
- (1) Snip the ends of the Murasaki-Zukin soybean pods, then wash lightly.
- (2) Place the Murasaki-Zukin soybeans from (1) and salt into an earthenware mortar or bowl, and rub together the beans to remove the fuzz from the pod’s surface, then let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- (3) Heat plenty of water in a pot, then add (2) and let it come to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- (4) Check that the beans from (3) are well cooked through, then drain soybeans into a colander.
- (5) Place (4) into a bowl and lightly sprinkle salt to finish off.