Kagaya Pumpkin and Shrimp mix with thick sauce
Last updated: 08/07 Category: Official Recipes
An impressive dish with a unique shape of pumpkin and colorful surimi
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- Kagaya pumpkin (vertically divided) … 1/2
- Frozen shrimp … 4
- Raw surimi … 150g
- Egg white … 1
- Sake … 40ml
- ginger … 40 g
- Flour … 30ml
- Watery starch (1 starch potato starch: 2 water) … 50 ml
Dashi soup … 800ml
Sake … 100ml
Mirin … 30ml
Sugar … 60ml
Light soy sauce … 60ml
Soy sauce … 20ml
How to make
- Peel the shell and the tail of the frozen shrimp. cut in half vertically, remove the gut, wash with salt water, drain and chop into small bits.
- Put raw surimi into a mortar and grind. Add egg whites and continue grinding. Add 1’s shrimp and sake and continue grinding
- Remove inside seeds with a spoon and steam until pumpkin becomes soft and then cook with fire. When it cools down, coat the inside with flour and stuff the pumpkin with 2’s mixture.
- Put A in a pot and boil. Then insert 3 in and place paper towel on top. Boil for about 30 minutes until the inside is completly cooked
- Take 4’s pumpkins out and cut to an appropriate size. Serve in a bowl. Reheat the juice and add potato starch powder to make thick sauce. Put grinded ginger on top.