Ebi-Imo Simmered with Dried Codfish
Last updated: 11/30 Category: Official Recipes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 Ebi-Imo (shrimp-shaped taro)
- 300g dried codfish (Bodara) (soaked in water)
- 1/4 Yuzu citrus (yellow)
- 400ml Dashi stock
- 100ml Sake
45ml soy sauce
55ml light soy sauce
- (1) Cook the dried codfish in rice water (water that’s been used for washing rice) to soften the fish. Then, after rinsing with water, place in a pot, and add Dashi stock, and Sake and let it heat over medium heat.
- (2) Peel the Ebi-Imo taros, and let soak in water to remove the harsh taste, then place pot from (1) and let simmer together over low heat.
- (3) Once the Ebi-Imo taros have become soft, add (A) and let it simmer over low heat.
- (4) Take out the Ebi-Ino taros, and codfish from (3), and continue simmering the broth until it is reduced to half the amount. Then pour the broth over the Ebi-Imo taros and dried codfish.
- (5) Serve (4) on a serving dish and garnish with julienned Yuzu citrus peels.